Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Latest Chore Charts


Okay all you moms out there, I think I found a good system for now. I got the classic sticker stars in the dollar section at Target. They also had a teacher packet of shooting stars. Each color of star represents a coin amount. The red star is minus a coin amount of your choice. I ask the girls to do a chore and if they complain before or during the chore , they get a red star. Some times I offer them a chore, sometimes they don't have a choice. That way they are responsible for what they make. I am tired of making my kids do chores and having to listen to the crying and whining while they do it. So I have put it in their hands as to whether or not they do chores. So far it has worked really well. I get more cooperation and they are proud of what they accomplish. I do not use the star system for behavior on the older two. I am tired of making threats and not following through (the big no no in parenting) So I have put the choice on them.

2 comments:

TaNicka said...

Wow that was a surprise to see you comment on my blog! It is nice to see your Girls, they are so big.It will be fun to keep in contact this way.

TaNicka

Tricia said...

Your girls are as cute as ever but look so much older! I'm so glad you're blogging so I can see what you guys are up to!